Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Diwali


Diwali- A Festival of Lights!
Today we have on our blog Nathan to talk 
about one of the most cherished festivals in India. 

I come from a land with diverse culture, religion, languages, food, 
race and I am so Thankful for everything my culture has taught me. 
On the other side of the world at this very moment all my friends, 
family and relatives are celebrating the festival of lights-Diwali. 
Diwali is the triumph of good over evil. 
Family friends gather together to celebrate this 
joyous occasion by lighting lamps. 
Every single house has lamps lit and set of fireworks. 
When I was a kid my cousins would come over and we would play 
with fireworks all night long! Of course under adult supervision. 
When we get tired we would nibble on 
sweets ( good sugar rush to keep us going). 
We would play for 2 nights and its one festival we have a 
lot of fun. (2nd to Christmas....LOL)
A perfect way to put it is......Its Christmas with fireworks!!!
Since I cannot play with fireworks here I lit candles at ArtQuest 
and made a table top to reminisce my childhood.
I used pink linens which we call "Rani Pink" with 
Green Cymbediums, Yellow and Purple Calla lilies.
Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover